Dr. Shrenik M. Shah
Degree : M.S.(Ortho) – 1984
Reg. No : G-2531
Mobile : +91 – 9825067337
- Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon
- Hand Surgery (CMC Vellore)
- Ortho-lithotripsy (Extra Corporeal Shock Wave Therapy): for Heel Pain, Tennis Elbow, Periarthritis Shoulder, Tendinopathies, Delayed & Nonunion of bone, Avascular necrosis, Neuro Muscular disorders, etc
- Sports Medicine
- Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Sushrusha hospital and research centre, Ahmedabad.
- Hon. Orthopedic Surgeon at P.R.Gen.Hospital, Sabarmati and Gujarat University Health Centre, Ahmedabad.
- Sports Medicine Expert for Sports Authority of India (west zone) Gandhinagar.
Special interest in teaching and Academics
- Delivers lectures in P.G. Lecture Series organized by Gujarat Orthopedic Association
- Conducts workshops for Back care and neck care as patient education Programme
- Conducted Back Pain & Neck Pain Workshop at General Motors India on 6th March 2003 at their factory at Halol.
- Conducted and organized Medico legal workshop at IOACON 2002.
- Organized Shoulder workshop at IOACON 2002.
- Lecture on rehabilitation of earthquake victims in a program by Gujarat State Legal Services Authority, Ahmedabad on 21-2- 2001
- Faculty Member for Medical Jurisprudence-Training program for judges in Gujarat state Judicial Academy
- Lecturer of Sports Medicine in Gujarat University MPE course since 1991.
- Participating actively in local, state & national level conferences and workshops
- Pioneer in Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (Orthotripsy) in India
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
- Innovative and Research Work- presented his work on Lithotripsy in Orthopedics in the scientific programme on 12th Feb 2000 at Gujarat Orthopedic conference at Surat.
- Scientific presentation: Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy in Orthopedics- an Indian experience at 46th annual conference of Indian Orthopedic Conference 2001.
- Delivered a guest lecture Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy-a new vista for Orthopedic problems at XVII international Scientific congress at Dhaka, Bangladesh in Feb 2004
- Felicitated for outstanding achievement in Orthopedics for his work on ESWT on 102nd Annual day celebration by Ahmedabad Medical Association on 15th Aug 2004
- Delivered a guest lecture Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy for difficult problems in Orthopedics at 7th Annual conference of C.G. chapter of IOA at Bhilai and Durg on 19th Jan 2008
- Delivered a guest lecture Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy for Heel Spur and Tennis Elbow at 53rd Annual Conference of Indian Orthopedic Association on 5th Dec 2008 at Bangalore
- Presented a scientific paper on shock wave therapy for tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow at 34th Annual conference of Indian Society for Surgery of Hand in Nov 2010 at Nashik
- Presented a scientific paper : ESWT for Osteonecrosis of Femoral Head – a long term study of 86 hips at 14th congress of International society of Medical Shock wave Therapy (ISMST) at Kiel, Germany on 10th June 2011
- Delivered a guest lecture on ESWT and RSWT as a faculty in common day care procedures- dilemma’s and solutions at WIROC 2012 , Mumbai
Experience of more than 1000 patients treated with ESWT for various indications since 1997
- Secretary of Ahmedabad Orthopedic society for the year 2001 – 2002, 2002-2003, 2003-2004
- Felicitated on15th Aug 2004 102nd Annual day celebration of Ahmedabad Medical Association for outstanding achievement in Orthopaedics.
- President of Ahmedabad Orthopedic society for the year 2006-7
- Executive Committee Member of Indian Orthopedic Association for the year 2008-9-10
- Founder member of Indian Cartilage society founded in May 2009
- Completed 6 modules of GCP( good clinical practice) conducted by Quintiles in May 2010 for conducting clinical trials
- Indian orthopaedic association
- Gujarat orthopaedic association
- Ahmedabad orthopaedic society
- Bombay orthopaedic society
- Rajasthan orthopaedic association
- Indian arthroscopic society
- IORA- indian orthopaedic Rheumatoid Association
- IMA- Indian Medical Association